Measurement Standards Manager
Here at Arden Photonics we design and manufacture test equipment and components for the Photonics industry and currently have an exciting opportunity for a Measurement Standards Manager to join our team based in Solihull, West Midlands. We are proud to help our customers change the world in diverse ways such as building data centres to power the internet, designing lasers for eye surgery or testing aircraft cable networks. To help drive our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for a talented Measurement Standards Manager to join our team. In this role, you will play an important part in the growth of the company by ensuring that we remain at the forefront of optical fibre measurement technology, and by maintaining rigorous measurement standards in Product Development, Manufacturing and Sales.
About the role:
- Maintaining our reference measurement lab as a world-class facility for the traceable measurement of optical fibres
- Providing our manufacturing team with the equipment and artefacts needed to enable us to ensure that our products meet the required measurement standards
- Ensuring that new products, in the development phase, meet our design specifications by carrying out detailed analysis of the products
- Making a major contribution to the development of detailed software and hardware test specifications and taking the lead in proving that new products meet these requirements before release to our customers
- Assisting the sales team by maintaining a comprehensive test lab which can be used to assess the suitability of their equipment for customers’ applications
- Maintaining and adding to their collection of reference fibre samples, and having a detailed knowledge of their characteristics
- Contributing to the international optical fibre measurement standards community by working with bodies, such as IEC, TIA and IEEE, to develop standards.
- Providing calibration services to our customers, through traceable artefacts which customers can buy, approved international service centres or by returning the equipment to our lab for calibration.
This permanent position is based in Solihull, West Midlands, but you may need to represent the company at international standards meetings.
Qualifications and experience:
Graduate in an engineering or scientific subject. 1-3 years’ experience in the Photonics industry.
Sounds interesting? Please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org