Design Engineer – Optical Instruments
A dynamic, high-tech company which designs and manufactures test equipment and components for the Photonics industry is now looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their team in Solihull.
They are proud to help their customers change the world in diverse ways such as building data centres to power the internet, designing lasers for eye surgery or testing aircraft networks. To help drive their ambitious growth plans, they are looking for a talented Optical Instrument Design Engineer.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in the growth of the company by using your engineering skills to grow their portfolio of measurement systems.
- To design and experimentally validate new optical fibre measurement systems and components
- To provide detailed optical modelling of our existing range of instruments and components
- To play a key role in the development of our existing and new product software
- To contribute to the development of software for the independent verification of our measurement algorithms
- To maintain and add to our collection of reference fibre samples, and have a detailed knowledge of their characteristics
Qualifications and experience:
- Graduate in an engineering or scientific subject
- 1-3 years’ experience in the Photonics industry
- Knowledge of optical instrument design using e.g. Zemax
- Experience of software engineering using LabVIEW
- Experience in MATLAB and/or Python
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
This permanent position is based in Solihull, West Midlands. Some international travel may be needed e.g. to represent Arden at international standards meetings.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineer, Mechanical Design Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer, Electronics Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Location: Solihull, B90 4QT
Salary: £30 – 40,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
To apply please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org