As a specialist manufacturer of test equipment and components for the optical fibre industry we are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team in Solihull. Arden supplies customers all over the world with their sophisticated products. To help achieve our ambitious growth plans we are looking to recruit this position with immediate effect.
In this role you will enable the company to meet its growth targets by working with new and existing customers to deliver test and measurement solutions which enable them to do their jobs better.
Our typical customers are industrial companies throughout the world who are making or using optical fibres but initially you will focus on customers in Europe. Day to day, this will involve understanding their technical requirements, proposing solutions, and then ensuring that your proposed solution is suitable for them. This will require the accurate communication of technical and commercial information by email, video-call and face-to-face.
Key responsibilities :
Your responsibility will cover the full sales cycle from initial contact to after-sales support. This will typically involve:
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge
- Preparing quotations and proposals
- Answering the customer’s technical questions
- Measuring samples provided by the customer
- Visiting customer sites to give sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences, and events
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and technical experts
- Providing after-sales support
- Closing profitable deals
Qualifications and experience:
Our preferred candidate will have the following:
- Graduate degree in an engineering or scientific subject
- 1-3 years’ experience of technical sales
- Ability to travel internationally (no visa restrictions)
- Full UK driving license
This permanent position is based in Solihull, West Midlands, but you should expect to be visiting customers or attending trade shows and conferences regularly.
Sounds interesting? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org